The new UKCA mark can now be applied to relevant products sold in Great Britain, and will be mandatory from the 1st of January 2022. Like the CE mark, the UKCA mark requires a Declaration of Conformity but with slightly different content. While manufacturers are fully within their rights to draft their own Declarations, we offer this conversion service to save you time.
Purchasing this service means that if you provide us with a single EU Declaration of Conformity (required for CE marked products), we will provide a template UK Declaration (for UKCA marked products) with the equivalent information. You can then check, complete and sign this document.
- The original EU Declaration must be supplied via email in a readable form; PDF is preferred.
- We will supply a template of the UK Declaration in Microsoft Word format (via email) for you to finalise and sign.
- This will be in our default format; you may reformat it if you wish provided that the information is included.
- Any comments and ‘placeholder’ text will be formatted in yellow; these sections should be updated/removed accordingly before the Declaration is signed.
This service only includes the following directives:
- ATEX Directive
- ATEX Worker Directive: DSEAR - Please contact us directly
- Batteries Directive
- Cableway Installations Regulation - Please contact us directly
- Construction Products Regulation (CPR) - Please contact us directly
- Ecodesign Directive
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive
- Energy Labelling Regulation
- Low Voltage Directive
- Machinery Directive
- Pressure Equipment Directive
- Radio Equipment Directive
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive
- Simple Pressure Vessels Directive
- You must ensure that the product is fully compliant with the relevant legislation and standards before signing the Declaration.
- We will not sign and complete a Declaration on your behalf. That is the responsibility of the manufacturer.
- Declarations supplied must be in English; we do not provide a translation service.
- While we will do our best to provide the UK template as soon as possible, please note that it may take up to 3 weeks depending on our workload.
- If we spot minor errors in the supplied EU Declaration, we will point these out with comments in the text of the UK version. Please note that this service does not include a thorough review of your existing Declarations.
- If there are major errors in the supplied Declaration that prevent us from supplying a compliant UK version, we reserve the right to cancel your order.
Please note -
- The turn around time for this service is 3 weeks.
- This service must be used within 6 months from purchase date.
- VAT will be added at the checklout (total cost is £312).