This pack is specifically designed to help home toy-makers of craft kits or similar meet the legal requirements of the Toy Safety Directive and the Toys (Safety) Regulations to complete the CE and UKCA marking process.
This pack contains a step-by-step guide to understanding the UKCA and CE marking process and the procedures that are involved. It will inform you of what you need to do to make sure your kit complies with the legal requirements.
In addition the pack contains templates of the documents that you must produce (including guidance notes on how to complete) which have been designed so all you need to do is input your details. A checklist of the essential/particular safety requirements will prove that you have met all the safety requirements.
If you are unsure if the pack is for you please contact us for further information before purchase. Our webpage on the CE marking of handmade toys gives a very useful introduction to the process.
PLEASE NOTE: Apart from this pack, the only other purchases you may need to make in order to UKCA and/ CE mark your toys are either copies of the toy safety standards so you can do your own testing, or third party testing so you can receive an official test report. However, you can view copies of the toy safety standards for free at your local library (on request). Testing for most simple toys is generally inexpensive and costs are in the order of low hundreds of pounds.
Please note -
- Once you purchase the pack, you will receive two emails, the second one containing a link to download the pack. The download link will only remain active for 3 days so please make sure you download the pack and save to your computer before this time.
- The download is a compressed ZIP format and you will need to 'unzip' the file to see the Word and PDF documents contained.
- This pack does not include any support time.
- VAT will be added at the checkout (total cost is £48)
- All rights reserved. No part of this document is to be re-sold, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written consent from Conformance Limited.