This pack is specifically designed to help home toy-makers of craft kits (or similar products) to meet the legal requirements of the Toy Safety Directive and the Toys (Safety) Regulations and to complete the CE and UKCA marking process for toys.
UKCA and CE marking can seem daunting to begin with so the purpose of this pack is to give you all the information you need in one place in order to UKCA and/or CE mark your toy(s). This pack contains a step-by-step guide to understanding the UKCA and CE marking process and the procedures that are involved. It will inform you of what you need to do to make sure your toy craft kit complies with the legal requirements.
- A step-by step guide to the procedures involved in UKCA and CE marking of toys, including details of the standards you will need to adhere to, markings and safety information that must be present on your labels as well as the UKCA/CE mark itself, details of test labs and what evidence to ask your suppliers for.
- Templates of the documentation that you must complete which have been designed according to the requirements listed in the Toy Safety Directive, Toy (Safety) Regulations and standards. A checklist of the essential/particular safety requirements will prove that you have met all the safety requirements.
- Please note the pack does not contain details of testing. Please see below for further information.
If you are unsure if the pack is for you please contact us for further information before purchase. Our webpage on the CE marking of handmade toys gives a very useful introduction to the process.
PLEASE NOTE: Apart from this pack, the only other purchases you may need to make in order to UKCA and/ CE mark your toys are either copies of the toy safety standards so you can do your own testing, or third party testing so you can receive an official test report. However, you can view copies of the toy safety standards for free at your local library (on request). Testing for most simple toys is generally inexpensive and costs are in the order of low hundreds of pounds.
Please note -
- Once you purchase the pack, you will receive two emails, the second one containing a link to download the pack. The download link will only remain active for 3 days so please make sure you download the pack and save to your computer before this time.
- The download is a compressed ZIP format and you will need to 'unzip' the file to see the Word and PDF documents contained.
- This pack does not include any support time.
- VAT will be added at the checkout (total cost is £48)
- All rights reserved. No part of this document is to be re-sold, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written consent from Conformance Limited.