Our handmade soft toy self-certification pack is specifically designed to help home soft toy-makers to meet the legal requirements of the Toy Safety Directive and complete the CE marking process.
To purchase our Self-Certification Pack for Handmade Teepees or Craft Kits please click here.
This pack has all the information you need in order to legally CE mark your toy. We have read the toy standards for you and listed in detail all the information you will need to be able to carry out the physical tests required on your toy. There is also detailed information on how to meet the flammability requirements, and what to look for when purchasing materials in order to meet the requirements for chemical migration.
In addition the pack contains templates of the documents that you must produce (including guidance notes on how to complete) which have been designed so that all you need to do is input your details.
This pack does not contain any support time however we understand that it can be daunting when you first start looking at CE marking therefore should you require some support to help you in any queries you may have you can purchase 30 minutes Toy Pack Consultancy at a reduced rate of £30. Please click on the link below to purchase this Consultancy.
30 Minutes Toy Pack Consultancy
This pack is only suitable for those making handmade soft toys on a small scale. If you are making toys on a larger scale as a commercial enterprise, you will be expected to have your toys tested independently.
This guide covers the requirements for knitted, crocheted, felt and fabric soft toys. Not included within the guide are:
- Toys with magnetic components
- Toys with any metallic or sharp components
- Toys with springs
- Toys with any electronic elements
- Wooden or other solid toys including teething toys
If your products fall into any of the categories above or you are unsure if the pack is for you, please read the FAQ on our 'Handmade and Homemade Toy' webpage or contact us for further information.
Please note -
- Once you purchase the pack, you will receive two emails, the second one containing a link to download the pack. The download link will only remain active for 3 days so please make sure you download the pack and save to your computer before this time.
- The download is a compressed ZIP format and you will need to 'unzip' the file to see the Word and PDF documents contained.
- VAT will be added at the checkout (total cost is £36).
- All rights reserved. No part of this document is to be re-sold, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written consent from Conformance Limited.