Our handmade soft toy self-certification pack Hard Copy/USB Version is specifically designed to help home soft toy-makers to meet the legal requirements of the Toy Safety Directive.
All files are sent to you via Royal Mail* as printed documents with the files also included on a smart 1gb USB stick.
(* UK customers only)
It gives you all the information you will need to be able to carry out the physical tests required, and contains draft copies of the documents you need to produce and keep. There is also detailed information on how to meet the flammability requirements, and what to look for when purchasing materials in order to meet the requirements for chemical migration. The pack entitles you to 30 minutes of consultancy time for any queries you may have. Any further queries will be charged at our standard rate.
This pack is only suitable for those making handmade soft toys on a small scale. If you are making toys on a larger scale as a commercial enterprise, you will be expected to have your toys tested independently.
This guide covers the requirements for knitted, crocheted, felt and fabric soft toys. Not included within the guide are:
- Toys with magnetic components
- Toys with any metallic or sharp components
- Toys with springs
- Toys with any electronic elements
- Wooden or other solid toys including teething toys
If your products fall into any of the categories above or you are unsure if the pack is for you, please read the FAQ on our 'Handmade and Homemade Toy' webpage or contact us for further information.
Please note -
- Once you purchase the pack, we will aim to post it to you within 3-5 working days.
- Postage and packing charge is £1.50
- Consultancy time must be used within 12 months from purchase date.
- VAT will be added at the checkout (total cost is £43.80)
- All rights reserved. No part of this document is to be re-sold, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written consent from Conformance Limited.