This self-certification pack is specifically designed to help home teepee play tent makers meet the legal requirements of the Toy Safety Directive and complete the CE marking process.
This pack has all the information you need in order to legally CE mark your toy. We have read the toy standards for you and listed in detail what you need to consider when designing your teepee, details of flammability testing and information on meeting the chemical migration requirements which involves making sure your materials do not contain harmful substances to children.
In addition the pack contains templates of the documents that you must produce (including guidance notes on how to complete) which have been designed so all you need to do is input your details.
We understand that it can be daunting when you first start looking at CE marking therefore the pack also contains 30 minutes of support time to help you with any queries you may have (support time must be used within 12 months from purchase date). Any further queries will be charged at our standard rate.
This guide covers the requirements for handmade fabric teepee play tents. It does not cover the following products;
- Activity toys such as playhouses or tunnels
- Other types of tent eg. camping tents, temporary structures
- Public playground equipment
- Toy chests
- Toys with magnetic components
- Toys with hinges
If your products fall into any of the categories above or you are unsure if the pack is for you please contact us for further information before purchase. Our webpage on the CE marking of handmade toys gives a very useful introduction to the process.
Please note you cannot undertake the testing for flammability or chemical migration yourself. Unless you have certification from your suppliers you will need to have third party testing so you can receive an official test report.
Please note -
- Once you purchase the pack, you will receive two emails, the second one containing a link to download the pack. The download link will only remain active for 3 days so please make sure you download the pack and save to your computer before this time.
- The download is a compressed ZIP format and you will need to 'unzip' the file to see the Word and PDF documents contained.
- Consultancy time must be used within 12 months from purchase date.
- VAT will be added at the checkout (total cost is £36)
- All rights reserved. No part of this document is to be re-sold, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written consent from Conformance Limited.