This pack is designed to help people who are making toys at home on a small-scale to meet the legal requirements of the Toy Safety Directive and complete the CE marking process.
If your toy is not covered by one of our specific DIY packs (soft toy,craft kit,teepee) then this pack is for you. CE marking can seem daunting to begin with so the purpose of this pack is to give you all the information you need in one place in order to CE mark your toy(s). The pack breaks down the process into 7 easy steps for you to follow. Each step is explained in detail, and detailed instructions are given on how you can complete each step for your toy(s).
This pack does not contain any support time however we understand that it can be daunting when you first start looking at CE marking therefore should you require some support to help you in any queries you may have you can purchase 30 minutes Toy Pack Consultancy at a reduced rate of £35. Please click on the link below to purchase this Consultancy.
30 Minutes Toy Pack Consultancy
The pack includes:
- A step-by step guide to the procedures involved in CE marking of toys, including details of the standards you will need to adhere to, markings and safety information that must be present on your labels as well as the CE mark itself, details of test labs and what evidence to ask your suppliers for.
- Templates of the documentation that you must complete which have been designed according to the requirements listed in the Toy Safety Directive and standards.
If you are unsure if this pack is suitable for your product, or you would like to know more about the Toy Safety Directive, please refer to our webpage on the 'Toy Safety Directive' or contact us for further information.
PLEASE NOTE: Apart from this pack, the only other purchases you will need to make to CE mark your toys are either copies of the toy safety standards so you can do your own testing, and/or third party testing so you can receive an official test report. However, you can view copies of the toy safety standards for free at your local library (in person or online). Testing for most simple toys is generally inexpensive and costs are in the order of low hundreds of pounds.
Please note -
- Once you purchase the pack, you will receive two emails, the second one containing a link to download the pack. The download link will only remain active for 3 days so please make sure you download the pack and save to your computer before this time.
- The download is a compressed ZIP format and you will need to 'unzip' the file to see the Word and PDF documents contained.
- VAT will be added at the checkout (total cost is £42).
- All rights reserved. No part of this document is to be re-sold, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written consent from Conformance Limited.