This pack is designed to help people who are making toys to meet the legal requirements of the Toy Safety Directive and the Toys (Safety) Regulations to complete the CE and UKCA marking process.
If your toy is not covered by one of our specific DIY packs (soft toy,craft kit,teepee) then this pack is for you. UKCA and CE marking can seem daunting to begin with so the purpose of this pack is to give you all the information you need in one place in order to UKCA/CE mark your toy(s). The pack breaks down the process into 7 easy steps for you to follow. Each step is explained in detail, and detailed instructions are given on how you can complete each step for your toy(s).
The pack includes:
- A step-by step guide to the procedures involved in UKCA and CE marking of toys, including details of the standards you will need to adhere to, markings and safety information that must be present on your labels as well as the UKCA/CE mark itself, details of test labs and what evidence to ask your suppliers for.
- Templates of the documentation that you must complete which have been designed according to the requirements listed in the Toy Safety Directive, Toy (Safety) Regulations and standards. A checklist of the essential/particular safety requirements will prove that you have met all the safety requirements.
- Please note the pack does not contain details of testing. Please see below for further information.
If you are unsure if this pack is suitable for your product, or you would like to know more about the Toy Safety Directive and Toy (Safety) Regulations, please refer to our webpage on the 'Toy Safety Directive' or contact us for further information.
PLEASE NOTE: Apart from this pack, the only other purchases you will need to make to UKCA/CE mark your toys are either copies of the toy safety standards so you can do your own testing, and/or third party testing so you can receive an official test report. However, you may be able to view copies of the toy safety standards for free at your local library (in person or online). Testing for most simple toys is generally inexpensive and costs are in the order of low hundreds of pounds.
Please note -
- Once you purchase the pack, you will receive two emails, the second one containing a link to download the pack. The download link will only remain active for 3 days so please make sure you download the pack and save to your computer before this time.
- The download is a compressed ZIP format and you will need to 'unzip' the file to see the Word and PDF documents contained.
- This pack does not include any support time.
- VAT will be added at the checkout (total cost is £48).
- All rights reserved. No part of this document is to be re-sold, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written consent from Conformance Limited.