CE Marking of industrial, commercial and garage doors is mandatory under the Construction Products Regulation (CPR). CE Marking is also mandatory for powered industrial, commercial and garage doors under the Machinery Directive (MD).
Please Note: Involvement of a ‘Notified Body’ for Initial type testing may be required, as determined by the Construction Products Regulation.
In addition to the CPR and the MD, assessment should incorporate: The Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive and The Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive.
This pack is specifically tailored to help industrial and commercial powered door manufacturers and suppliers CE mark their products in accordance with the regulation and directives listed above. It contains a logical guide to the CE marking process, together with a series of checklists, a sample declaration and a list of technical file documents. The price also includes 2 hours consultancy, to help with clarification of the procedure or to meet any special requirements that your doors may have.
The checklists are derived from the appropriate regulatory requirements and provide a step by step method of assessing and validating conformance. They will also help to identify areas which require further detailed assessment, should this be necessary. The draft declaration and CE label are prepared so that you only need to input specific data relevant to your business and products prior to printing and issuing.
The pack contains:
- Instruction manual for the assessment process
- Machinery Directive checklist
- Electromagnetic Compatibility checklist
- Construction Products Regulation checklist
- CPR Harmonised Standard checklist
- Draft Declaration of Performance/Declaration of Conformity
- Draft CE Marking Label
- 2 Hours Consultancy
Products covered by the kit (all powered)
- Roller shutters
- Sectional Overhead doors
- Horizontal sliding doors
- Hinged overhead doors
Products not covered
- Manually powered doors (the pack is tailored for powered doors, for manually operated doors assessment is simplified, please contact us for further details)
- Fire doors
- Lock gates and dock gates
- Doors on lifts
- Doors on vehicles
- Armoured doors
- Doors mainly for the retention of animals
- Revolving doors
Please note -
- Once you purchase the pack, you will receive two emails, the second one containing a link to download the pack. The download link will only remain active for 3 days so please make sure you download the pack and save to your computer before this time.
- The download is a compressed ZIP format and you will need to 'unzip' the file to see the Word and PDF documents contained.
- Consultancy time must be used within 12 months from purchase date.
- VAT will be added at the checkout.
- All rights reserved. No part of this document is to be re-sold, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written consent from Conformance Limited.